Monday, May 31, 2010

An interesting evening!

We had people over for dinner last night (unintentionally!).  I had put the roast dinner on, with 30 mins to go, had used ALL the vegs and potatoes available, when the OH calls to say "I've invited two more  for dinner, is that alright?"  What could I say..they were sitting right next to him!

Anyway, I was fuming.. Had to get the hoover out and tidy up AND find food to go round!  They came in when I had the hoover in one hand and a knife in the other!  Well it turned out to be a really nice evening.  They had popped over to take us out for dinner to say thanks for doing the pics at their wedding recently. OH knew I'd got the dinner on and he'd be in trouble if he just said yes, so he invited them to join us instead.

I forgave OH and felt a bit guilty when B said that she felt like she was on the continent because we had just spontaneously invited them over without any reservations, which is something you don't generally find in England.  It turned out to be a very enjoyable evening.

I did do something very stupid though, and am suffering still!  I put the mash, which was in a stainless saucepan, in the oven to keep warm.  Took it out with the oven glove, told hubby to watch it cos it was very hot and then went and picked it up to start serving!! I have never known pain like it.  Luckily, I kept running it under the cold tap and packed it up with ice every chance I could, which I think has really helped this morning.  I did have a one handed bath and put my clothes on "single handedly" which was quite an achievement, but it does feel calmer this morning.  Not gonna be able to put my hands on the handlebars of my bike though, so I'll have to walk the dog whilst the boys cycle this afternoon - had planned to do the 12 mile circuit again round the Derwent Dam (that we did last Sunday for the Sponsored ride). So bang go my plans to get back on the bike for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments:

Facebook Badge